This heart-healthy recipe by nutritionist Rob Hobson contains soy protein, shown to help reduce cholesterol.
Also in the mix are pomegranates (rich in antioxidants), plenty of seeds (which contain good fats that do wonders for our heart) and a little extra virgin olive oil, rich in monounsaturated fat to help increase good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol.
- 10g sesame seeds
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 80g pack of pomegranate seeds
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- Small handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 100g edamame beans (thawed if frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Spread out the seeds on a baking tray and toast for 8 minutes.
- Simply mix the ingredients together, reserving a couple of lime wedges to squeeze over your salad before serving.
Note: You can also buy edamame beans frozen. They are often called soya beans, but are really easy to get hold of.